Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Divorce Happy Halloween in 4 parts

Blood dripped from its eyes, its head tilted to the left, its chin and cheeks seemed to melt in layers, its skin was painted white, its lips black, it was toothless with a long hairy tongue. It walked from room to room and we all curled into little balls of fear. It yelled, "I am real you can't comprehend me." Everything we ever believed died that night.

©2011 Relish Resident

I thought there was no heaven or hell. But as its hairy tongue licked my arm, and blood thickened and fell from its closed eyes, I asked for help from any God. My wife shivered like a anxious lost dog, and it reached for her throat. I did nothing to help her. I did nothing at all.

©2011 Relish Resident

Its bloody eyes, melted cheeks, pale white skin, black lips and toothless breath now blew inches from her tiny, tender, skin. She begged for mercy. "Don't worry. I'm no vampire. I am simply fear that your weak husband's  mind has carved from an angry stone." I cried as it circled its hairy tongue and leaned into her. I slid from the bed and watched it. I realized I never deserved her. I could never protect her like a real man.

©2011 Relish Resident

The hairy tongue never stopped touching her face and the toothless beast stared at me as it took my wife's will. It stood and leaned towards her as she wept. "He never lifted a finger to help you. He is soiled like an infant." I wept and closed my eyes, curled and tattered screaming for it to leave. It crawled back to my wife and cuddled her and began breathing into her ear. I tried to stand, but decided to give into what I was, a coward. I left the house leaving my wife to the beast.

©2011 Relish Resident