Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Success

The man sped into his driveway, jumped out of his inexpensive Dodge Neon, and rushed into his home declaring, "Honey! I did it! I did it!"
His wife rushed down the affordable homes worn wooden steps, and without so much as a word she kissed her husband so hard he buckled like a teenage boy with a crush.
"I marched into her office and looked her straight in the eye and said, Mrs. Copes I'm done with the night sweats, anxiety, and overall feeling of inadequacy that this job represents. So I quit."
His wife smiled, proud of her pudgy, unthreatening, not much in the bedroom husband.
Her newly unemployed husband.
Her uneducated, unemployed, half-ass, lazy, aluminum siding salesman, husband.
She ran upstairs weeping.
"Honey?? Honey?? What's for dinner? Any sports on? Can we make love tonight?"