Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Love

Love can be so pretty. I like to watch it, savor it inward; reminds me that God truly blesses us. I see a sweet, innocent, teenage granddaughter hold her grandpa's frail arm and walk him throughout a market, as slow as his tiny legs can go both of them at no particular pace, her listening eagerly to every story, every word, about every memory. 
Love.
I watch as moms and dads become the appreciated ones spoiled by their now grown babies; their hands held by grown up children, and their minds respected for their work ethic.
Love.
I see a group of people on Social Media celebrate the life of an Aunt Ida whose passed but touched so many of their souls with her kindness. An entire neighborhood made better by one little woman and her open home, a candy jar, a smile, a joke, kind dark eyes, daily phone calls to the other Aunts.
Love.
I'm tired of hate, jealousy, envy, gossip, pity, evil, doom, gloom, judgmental hypocritical, non functional, discouraging, lazy ways. Forgive me Lord ...from now on..
Love.